Bookgirl loves all things crafty and she's really starting to get skilled. I've mentioned my mom has been teaching her to sew. She took some local classes first and then Grammy's been working with her. So far she's made a pillow case, 2 pairs of pants for herself, clothes for her doll, and most recently for my birthday she made matching skirts for us! I love my skirt and she did an excellent job. This picture of the two of us was taken in the mirror, so I'm sorry its blurry. I need to get a better on taken, but you get the idea.
Bookgirl's next craft is knitting. She's starting a class with Grammy on Monday.
I recently took a Wilton Cake Class - decoration 101. I've been making the kids' birthday cakes since Bookgirl was 2 and I've really come to enjoy it. My mom gave me the class (and babysitting!) for my birthday. It was alot of fun and I feel I learned several tips that will help me make my next cake better. I told Bookgirl her next cake must have roses, because I finally learned how to make them!
Several weeks ago now, the kids had their end of the year Science and Educational Fair with our homeschool group. Bookgirl's science project didn't turn out as planned, but she still learned. We used a substance called Easygel instead of Agar. Apparently you can't use Easygel in an incubator because it melts. The dishes with Dog germs in them still grew bacteria. This is what she said she learned:
- You can't put Easygel in an incubator.
- There is red bacteria.
- Dog bacteria can live in liquids.
What she still wonders: Are dog's mouth's cleaner than peoples?
Experiment - inconclusive.
She was disappointed that it didn't work out, but I think she learned alot about scientific method and keeping a log of an experiment.

1 comment:
I know Bookgirl & Mathboy have learned a lot this year and most importantly have enjoyed learning and experimenting.
Post a Comment