Thursday, June 17, 2010

Enjoying a different routine.

I didn't mean to stop blogging all together there, but it sure has been a while.  We've been enjoying a change of routine and lots of fun stuff.  I'm going to try to catch you all up in this post, so it'll probably be random and jump around a bit.    Here it goes:

First, a few posts ago I promised some Disney pictures.  We went on May5th just for the day.


The weekend after we finished school, we packed up that globe cake and took it to the beach with Grandma and Grandpa for a couple of days.  We had a great time with them of course, and it was a great way to celebrate finishing our school year.  Little Sponge even stayed with them for 2 extra days, and dazzled them with his vocabulary :)  He says some of the funniest things!




We were given a couple of unique blessings recently.  1.  We are a nut-free household and our favorite brand of Allergy free products is Enjoy Life.  Their foods are free of the major allergens and they actually taste good!!  We are so excited to be selected to be on their taste test panel as new products come out.  Right now we have 4 versions of their Coco-Loco snack bar to try out and review.  Yum!
2.  Bookgirl was selected as an Advance Reader for a new book in a series she loves.  She had to read the manuscript (which the author signed to her!) and give a review of the book.  The comments might be published on the reviews pages in the front of the book!   If you are looking for a fun series from the Christian bookstore, check out The Adventures of Max and Liz by Jenny L Cote.  The first 2 books are the pre-quel to the new series coming in Sept - The Epic Order of the Seven.  The books take a biblical story, and put fiction characters in them.  Here's a video that promotes the new book and shows the intro's to the first two: Preview

Little Sponge has been learning how to ride a bike with training wheels.  Up until now, he's been riding a tricycle.  He loved it.


Bookgirl recently had her dance recital.  I have to tell you how much I love this dance studio/ballet ministry.   This ministry has been such a blessing in all of our lives.   These pictures are from the spaghetti dinner fundraiser.  They raffled off this incredible painting of Miss A's pointe shoes and Grammy won it (and of course gave it to Bookgirl).  Grammy/Mathboy also won a baseball signed by a MLB pitcher. 

Here are a few pictures of the family from her recital.  I should have some pictures of her in her costumes in a few weeks.





Let's see...what else have we been up to?   Well we were all sick for 2 weeks staggered amongst us.  That wasn't fun, but praise God we are all healed up.  Bookgirl has taken up knitting.  She has also signed up to participate in the Bible Bee.  She will be competing in the Primary division.  Mathboy is signed up as a supporting sibling and is learning some verses as well.   I think Bookgirl has memorized close to 50 verses so far.  Its alot of work, but its so rewarding.  I pray this Word she is hiding in her heart (and ours too) will strengthen her and guide her.    Mathboy is really starting to take off with his reading.  He's found some chapter books he really likes, so thats motivating him to read more.   We went to our state homeschool convention which was great.  I'm sure I'll post my curriculum choices for next year at some point.   Little Sponge is taking swim lessons for the first time.  He's doing great.   Baby New Year is fun, walking, and climbing all over the place.     Someone blessed me with a bicycle, so Bookgirl and I have been enjoying evening bike rides after dinner.  See, I told you this would be random!

My next post will be of a special event that's taking place tomorrow.
Until then, enjoy your summer, and I wish you all many blessings!

2 comments:

Kim said...

What great pictures! Thanks for sharing all of those. What a fun way to celebrate the end of the school year. My kiddos would love that. That's very cool about reading the book before it's published. What a neat treat that is.
Praising Him,
Kim

Kim said...

I love seeing your pictures and hearing about everything your family is involved in. :) Wow, you guys are so, so busy! You're amazing! :)

That is the sweetest picture of Baby New Year. ♥ So precious! ♥