First, for other MFW users: Did you review the countries with your kids before giving them the year end evaluation? or did they play the geography game at least in the weeks of Antarctica, so it was fresh in their heads? I didn't do either. The last time they played the geography game was the first week of Australia and that was only the Australia/Oceania board. I think it was the week before that (or was it 2 weeks before) that they played other continents. Anyway, when we did the evaluation, Bookgirl (3rd grade) got 89% of the world countries correct, and Mathboy (K'er) got 53%. I was wondering if I should have reviewed it with her, or given her a heads up to study for it or not. With Mathboy I was pleased with 50% - keeping in mind that this curriculum isn't designed for him. He was just along for the fun.
Mathboy finished his Bible Notebook in the last week of school. I love the entries he did and I know that years from now, it will be such a precious momento of this stage. Here are a few of my favorite entries from the last month.
This year in science we studied all the major ecosystems that God created. So Bookgirl's last science assignment was to write a "thank you poem" to God for His creation.
Oh Lord
Oh, Lord, your creation,
The beauty of the world,
The flowers and the butterflies,
So very pretty indeed.
All creatures, big and small
were made by your hand.
Oh, Lord, you made me and everyone.
I'll love you forevermore.
4 comments:
Good job everyone! Look forward to reading all about school again next year!
what a great Bible Notebook, Mathboy! It looks like you worked very hard on it and your cursive is excellent!
Bookgirl's poem is beautiful. I am very impressed. A budding poet, perhaps?
Congratulations on finishing your school year! We still have four weeks left so haven't done the year end map evaluation yet. I think we'll just play the geography game right up until the end to keep it fresh for the evaluation.
I agree, Mathboy's Bible notebook is awesome. Great sentances, cursive and pictures!
Oh. Lori. The father daughter dance didn't make me cry, but her poem sure did. You operate a wonderful home school and you know what the best part is (at least for me) the evidence of love and Christ in your children. It is beautiful and encouraging to see. So sweet is the tender heart of your daughter and so lovely to witness.
Post a Comment