It's a wrap! Well mostly.
It sure is cold here in Antarctica! We studied all about how plants and some animals actually live there. Amazing how God created even the tiniest things to survive and thrive. We of course learned about Penquins. We also focused on the differences between the Arctic and Antarctic.
Here was our Antarctica craft project. We made "ice sculptures" out of sugar cubes and royal icing. They were fun , but then we had to get rid of them a couple days later when Little Sponge started eating them!
Once again our science projects had to do with ice - which is a big hit in my house. This one was to study icebergs
This one showed us how the layers of fat help penquins and other animals stay warm. This was neat because the hand surrounded in fat (crisco) could barely feel the cold at all.
Here's Little Sponge showing his excitement over playing with the ice and water after we were done!
We took Wednesday off, during week 33, and we went to Disney's Magic Kingdom. When we went in January, we bought 3 day passes and only used 2 days. So before everyone else got out of school (aka long lines) we decided to go have some family fun. It was a great day. I'll probably put pictures in another post.
Mathboy finished up his Bible Notebook which has been so much for for him and I've enjoyed seeing his pictures and summaries. I really recommend MFW's 1st grade program - especially if you have your oldest at the age. It was a little tough for me combining both programs, but definitely worth it. The only things we didn't finish were Bookgirl's Spelling Wisdom and Mathboy's Math (Singpore 1B). We will continue math during the summer, so that will get finished up soon. We'll take a couple weeks off before Bookgirl starts studying for the Bible Bee and we start our summer activities.
I hope you all enjoyed hearing about our Trip around the World this year. I guess this blog will transition into family time posts and then into next school year. For our final activity today, we made a cake of the world. (for MFW users, this was schedule in week 1or2 but we didn't do it then) Mathboy made the cake batter yesterday. Both kids colored the icing, iced the cake, and rolled out the fondant for the continents. I think they had fun and I'm sure it'll be tasty. For the record, the earth is Double Chocolate Cake with strawberry jam in the middle!
Thanks for joining us on our trip around the world!
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 comment:
That globe cake is amazing! I love the verse at the end. ;)
What a wonderful year! Excellent job, Champions! :)
Post a Comment