Sunday Bookgirl went out to the mailbox and found their passports waiting there. After looking through Grammy's pictures from her and Grandpa's cruise to Mexico, Bookgirl and Mathboy decided that they wanted to take a cruise to get to Mexico. So Daddy played the ship captain and took them on a cruise. First stop was Puerto Rico where they got off and did some pretend shopping. Then as they cruised over to Mexico they had to avoid the wild waters of a hurricane!! Happy they survived, they arrived safely in Mexico, where they were greeted by Mommy, the customs agent. They got stamps in their passports, before spending the week learning about Mexico and other regional countries.
Our prayer focus of the week was the people of Cuba. For dinner one night, Bookgirl made us a delicious black bean soup. It was her first time really cooking herself, and except for chopping onions and garlic, she did it all herself following the recipe. It was very tasty, and I think we'll make it again.
At the end of our Mexico study we will have a fiesta. Since no fiesta is complete without a pinata, we started making one.
Mathboy liked mixing up the glue and water.
When he realized that putting the newspaper on the balloon meant getting VERY sticky, he quickly decided that was NOT for him. :) So Bookgirl and I had a fun, but very messy time.
Mathboy finished up a book he made called Animal Tales. Here are a couple pages from his book.
Art Lessons
"Flying over the ocean blue" by Mathboy
"A Bird's Perspective" by Bookgirl
Little Sponge has really started enjoying preschool Cd-roms. I found Baby New Year watching him one day.
Mathboy will be learning about Bible times and Old Testament traditions all year, so this week we made a Bible-Times costume for him. We also made head coverings for Bookgirl and LittleSponge.
As you can see, it was a full week. I am pleased to say that we are getting in a groove and our days are not taking as long as the first 4 weeks did. Mommy's feeling better about fitting it all in :) At the end of next week, we are having a Mexican fiesta, with food and our finished pinata. Until then...
remember you can view the pictures bigger by clicking on them, and don't forget to leave the kids some comments. Have a blessed week!




7 comments:
What a fun trip to Mexico ...
Great job everyone!
Love,
Grandma & Grandpa
Wow, I didn't get to go on my first cruise until I was 20!!!! =) Looks like it was a fun week.
Pastor Rob & Megan
Megan - I still haven't been on a cruise and I'm...well...older than you! lol
Bookgirl - I am so impressed that you made Black Bean Soup all by yourself! I'll bet it was the best meal your mom and dad ever ate, because YOU made it! I loved the pictures of you and Mathboy making the pinata!
Mathboy - Your book looks so great! I wish I could read the whole thing.
I think you both did lovely art work!
I hope you enjoy your preschool CD's, Little Sponge. You are getting so old!
Oh, and Baby New Year is getting so big! Wow! It seems like it was just recently that you texted me with the joyous news of his birth!
Those Bible-Times costumes - cute, cute, cute! Love 'em!
Blessings,
Cathy
The above comment is mine, I am just signed into Google under a different name that Bill set up for us to use iGoogle. :)
Cathy (T.)
You rock! What a great teacher you are! I didn't do papier mache until the 5th grade. :)
Mathboy's book looks amazing and I love their artwork is wonderful. What a talented bunch of kiddos you have.
Cute Bible times outfits! :)My boys were dressed up just like your boys (they were shepherds) for Christmas.
Kim thanks for the compliments, but I can't take credit. The My Father's World curriculum rocks!!! They lay it all out for us :)
Post a Comment