Bookgirl is insisting that I must share with you our experiment from Week2. We were supposed to learn what an earthworm's niche in the environment is by putting them in a jar with layers of different types of soil and sand. The kids had a great time putting the wiggly worms in a jar. There were lots of giggles as the worms did the "earthworm dance" and LittleSponge did his own version too. The next morning we could see that the worms had started burrowing down into the different layers of soil, but that is where our success stopped......or should I say, that's where the earthworms stopped! They all died!! Cause of death: a combination of the way we put the lid on, and the heat of summer in our garage.
So while it seemed like a failed experiment, we did learn that they cannot live in extreme heat, or without proper ventilation :) and we sure did have fun setting it up. Oh, and by the way, dead earthworms really stink!
Here's Mathboy giggling at an earthworm
Now on to "chubbiness".
chub⋅by –adjective, -bi⋅er, -bi⋅est. round and plump: a chubby child;
Don't you just want to squeeze him?

2 comments:
Yes. Yes, I want to squeeze him! And, ew! Stinky worms are, ew! :)
He is so adorable!! :)
Stinky dead earthworms...ick. I'd be tempted to skip that lesson. lol
Post a Comment