Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Little Sponge is Three!

I had to update the ages on our class roll over to the right.  Not only is Baby New Year 1, but now Little Sponge is 3!   Our Disney trip coincided with his birthday which meant he got to have Grandma & Grandma and Grammy all at his birthday party, which is a great treat. 

Little Sponge is by far our most verbal child relative to his age (and for those of you that know Bookgirl, that's saying alot :))  He talks non-stop and uses complex sentences that I marvel at.  I love listening to the things on his mind - so cute.  It is sometimes hard to keep up with him during our school time because he goes from thing to thing so quickly, so he keeps me on my toes for sure.   He also usually has a song in his head and so he randomly starts singing.  This week it's been Jingle Bells, Free to be Me, the Lion King theme song, Trust in the Lord, and the moose song that one of our sitters, Miss Erica, taught him.  He likes to try new things and is not hesitant about trying different physical things, which is why we signed him up for gymnastics classes.    Little Sponge is often my entertainment and makes us all giggle regularly. 
Happy Birthday, Little Sponge!





All the kids enjoyed their first big Disney trip of course, but Little Sponge had the most memorable lines during the trip.   When he met Snow White, she asked him what his name was.  He, with a straight face, said "Dopey".   She wasn't sure what to say, so she paused, and then said "really? I have a friend named Dopey".  Then he told her what his real name is. :)  Silly.    Then the next day at Magic Kingdom, he met Buzz Lightyear, and said "I have YOU on my underwear!"  Buzz gave him a huge thumbs-up and everyone in line was laughing.  Here's a picture of him telling Buzz

Here he is with his cupcake at lunch, and Dale and Mathboy.



When we were waiting for the parade to start, we were next to a group of  Brazilian students.  Little Sponge began making friends with them, and was entertaining them by singing It's a Small World and having random conversations.   Eventually, they were holding him and taking pictures with him with their own cameras.  


When we got into the van after the full day at MK, I was giving the big kids sandwiches.  Little Sponge said he wanted one, but apparently he was just too tired to eat it.  He took one bite and fell asleep holding the sandwich! Too cute!


He definitely enjoyed his time at Disney and loved all the rides.  Almost as soon as we'd get off one ride, he'd say "Can I go on another ride?"   Daddy is particularly excited that it appears he will have an adventurous riding buddy in the future.  He would have gone on all the rides if he were tall enough.   Oh, and just so you know...now that he's 3, if you ask him how old he is, he said "six"!  What a fun child!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have such wonderful memories of that trip! I still marvel at what a great job you did with the Mickey cake.

Grandma & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

What a fun time it sounds like y'all had. Your children are beautiful (I was looking at some pictures you have posted in other entries) They are BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a wonderful family you have.

The children do grow so fast, don't they! I can't believe our baby will be 7 this summer. Where does the time go?!?!

Praising Him,
Kim
www.homeschoolblogger.com/blessed2bamommy