Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Last weeks before school

Rewinding a bit from the last post....

After the local Bible Bee was finished, we went on a trip to celebrate.  First, my mom, the children, and myself drove to SC  We visited my 98 year old Grandmother there.  This was a bittersweet visit.  This last year she has really aged significantly.  I am so glad we went, but I hated to leave her.  She appears well and energetic in these pictures, but they definitely don't tell the true story.   I do love this sweet picture of Bookgirl and Great-Gramma.  Bookgirl is named after her, so they have a special bond.


From SC we drove to Atlanta.  My mom flew home and my hubby flew up.  We spent a few days with our best friends, the S Family in Georgia.    Over the last couple of years they have built a new home and it's gorgeous.  I am so full of joy for them that they have created a home where they can grow and create memories and a legacy as a family.     Here are a couple shots of the back of the house and the view from the balcony (because I know some of our friends and relatives want to see).
While we were there, Daddy and Uncle P worked on building this wood barn.  When we got there, it was non-existent, so you can see they made a decent dent in the work - and from what I heard, a few dents in themselves and Little Sponge too!

 The children mostly just played together and enjoyed their friendships.  Between us we have the following ages:  12, 10, 9, 6, 6, 4, 3, 20months    When we all get together we have a great time enjoying that sweet fellowship.   I didn't get many pictures because honestly they were so busy playing and I was enjoying my time with my friend that I forgot.  
Daddy took 6 of the children out on their lake



No comments: