Monday, September 27, 2010

2010-2011 Curriculum

We have just completed 2 weeks of our new school year.   I promised you a while back that I would share our curriculum plan for the year, and I apologize for not doing it sooner.   When Bookgirl was invited to Nationals for the Bible Bee, I adjusted her school plans, so some things will not be started until after November.

Little Sponge
parts of Character Concepts for Preschoolers.  We LOVE this so far!
various tracing, cutting, and coloring workbooks
playing with toys and doing puzzles

Mathboy - 1st grade
Colossians - bible study
Journaling/ drawing during Bible study
Hymns for a Child's Heart - vol I
daily math drills (add, sub, 10 minutes a day)
Weekly Bible memory verses
Handwriting - using memory verses
reading, reading, reading
Singapore 2a & 2b math
1st Language Lessons for the Well Trained Mind
Spelling - doing my own thing with the 500 most frequently used words
sports - currently soccer
violin

Bookgirl - 4th grade
Colossians - bible study
Studying Colossians notes, Greek words, and cross references
Hymns for a Child's Heart - vol I
daily math drills (add, sub, mult, div - 10 minutes a day)
Handwriting - using memory verses
Studying for the Bible Bee (250 memory verses)
Journaling/copying challenging parts of the verses
Reviewing verses daily
Singapore 4b & 5a Math
piano
dance

After the Bible Bee we will add:
Bible study - My Father's World Creation to the Greeks Bible portion only
     using Victor Journey through the Bible
New Memory verses from MFW CtG
Music Appreciation - Baroque period
English from the Roots Up  - Greek & Latin roots
Mystery of History Volume I - Creation to Christ
Exploration Education Science - Physics
Bookgirl -  Spelling Wisdom and Writing Strands

I also have a list of read-alouds that we will work our way through.  We will most likely do year round school with several small breaks this year. This will be new for us, but I know many families have told me this works for them, and with the bee in November it looks like the best option.

No comments: