Our first French activity was to make scented soaps. If you are doing this craft, my suggestion would be to cut the soap into very small pieces (or even grate it) before trying to melt it. I did not do this and it took a VERY long time to get it smooth. As you can see, it still ended up a bit lumpy, but the kids weren't bothered by that - just Mama :)
They chose a mixture of cookie cutters, ranging from Christmas to dinosaurs!
Here are their Silhouette portraits. I had one of these done at Disney as a young girl. In fact, I still have it. Does anyone know if they still do these at Disney? Bookgirl's came out the most accurate because she sat still the whole time.
No study of France is complete without making the Eiffel Tower.
Mathboy recently read about Noah and also about the Tower of Babel during Bible. Here they are marking off, 100 cubits. The Ark was 300 cubits, which is one really big boat! Look how far away they are at 100 cubits. Can you see them way down there?
Here is Mathboy putting together his version of the Tower of Babel.
The most common question I get from people about our homeschooling, is "What do your little guys do when you are doing school?". Here are a few pictures of Little Sponge during school time.
Baby New Year still sleeps during most of our school time, but I'll share a few pictures of him anyway. He's a happy little thing most of the time.
Last week we were so excited to Praise God because Mr W, the soldier the kids wrote to, came home safely from Iraq and so did his entire unit! Thank you Lord for protecting them. I know his family is thrilled to have him home.
This week we are studing Christmas in Italy. Bookgirl and Mathboy also memorized Luke 2:1-20, so I should have that video to share soon as well. I pray you are all well, as you prepare for this Christmastime.
Ciao!


1 comment:
You've been busy this week! All of these creative school activities.
Great job everyone.
Post a Comment